We’re updating our ordering system to provide a better and more integrated experience and wanted you to know why this is happening
Ordering via our Healthera App will
- Give you full control of what you order each month
- Give you 2-way communication with our Pharmacy via a safe NHS approved App
- Ask our Pharmacist if you have any health queries
- Remind you to take your medicines
- Remind you when you are running out of medicines and to repeat your order
- Book Appointments for free NHS common ailment and prescribing appointments without the need to see you GP (we will refer you to your GP if appropriate)
- Keep you up to date instantly of any service changes, if for example there is a temporary issue with any of our 247 collection points
- Shop OTC orders for every day self-care medicines which can be delivered
- Choose local delivery for a small fee. You can select a day and time-slot to suit your convenience. We currently deliver free of charge to the housebound and more vulnerable in our community (not funded by the NHS)
- Get you fully ready for Electronic Prescribing which is coming to Wales in 2023
what you need to do
- Order 10-14 days in advance of your next repeat date, to allow time for surgeries to provide a prescription and our team to order, dispense and clinically check your medicines.
- Notify your surgery if you are a new user of this system that we are your nominated pharmacy (make sure you note the correct branch)
Why is this change happening?
Our previous Text base service worked really well over the years but is now out-dated and doesn’t have the additional safety features of the App
WHAT IF I Cannot use the app?
A family member or other nominated person can add you as a dependent to their account and order on your behalf.
We will be offering other browser based options (web pages) including ordering via this website but these are in development mode so please bear with us.
what if people do not have the technology or internet access?
Contact your surgery to see what options they have for ordering. You can also drop paper requests through our letterboxes and we will take to local surgeries for you on our daily rounds (please allow 10-14 days from point of ordering to readiness). If you can accept text messages we will let you know when your prescription is ready to collect in-store.
HOW IT WORKS
Download the Healthera App
You can download the Healthera App on the Apple Store and Google Play. It’s free! and you can begin reordering your medication from us without long phone wait-times , talk to us digitally and organise your medicines!
Look for The Health Dispensary or Neath Pharmacy
Search for one of our pharmacies to register at Windsor Rd or our town centre branch at Victoria Gardens in Neath. You can now chat directly with our team.
Collect FREE OF CHARGE from our 247 Collection Points
This is the default option for anyone using our App and you will get a text automatically when your prescription is loaded
If you have any concerns please pop us a message on here via Chat,
or Call us on 01639 500000 (lines can be very busy)