Here’s what we understand but are attending a meeting with all the GP practices and pharmacies in the area on Wednesday 24th January. The change in repeat prescription ordering is being implemented by ALL Neath, Skewen and Briton Ferry Doctors’ surgeries.
- This change applies to all pharmacies in Neath, Skewen and Briton Ferry.
- All patients of these surgeries now need to place repeat prescription orders with doctors directly
- You will need to allow at least 7 days for the surgery to produce a prescription and then for your preferred pharmacy to dispense. Please make sure you tell your surgery which pharmacy you regularly use.
- The only online ordering websites allowed are those found on individual practice websites.
- Please check to see if your surgery in Neath, Skewen and Briton Ferry is connected to the NHS Wales App which will replace all other systems for prescription ordering.
The GP practices involved are holding a public meeting:
Thursday 25th January,
6.30pm at Briton Ferry Health Centre Brunel Way,
Tel: 01639 825265
What this means for Prescription Ordering at The Health Dispensary & Neath Pharmacy
All our other services remain unchanged
- Prescription Collection DAILY from Neath, Skewen and Briton Ferry surgeries. You order, we Collect
- 247 Collection of presciptions. As soon as we collect your prescrIption from your surgery we aim to get this into our collection points at Windsor Rd or Victoria Gardens within 24-48 hours.
- FREE Local Prescription Delivery in Neath, Skewen and Briton Ferry. Please read more about NHS prescription delivery here.
- Supported ordering for those who find difficulty in ordering online or getting to the Doctors.
- FREE HEALTHERA APP which can be used for messaging us, medication reminders, booking appointments, medical advice and more.